Author Notes: Dark chocolate (first and most important ingredient), sweet dried mango, spicy chile pepper, crunchy pepitas, and of course the sparkling salt dancing across the top. Chocolate Bark with Chile-Spiced Mango and Pepitas is everything I want in a chocolate bar. This combination is unexpected and delightful.
(Chile-spiced mango is sold at Mexican markets or Trader Joe's.) - My Pantry Shelf
Makes 6 servings
- 24 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup small diced chile-spiced mango
- 1 cup toasted peptias (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (or more to taste)
- Cover a half sheet baking tray with a baking mat or parchment. Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler. Stir until smooth. Toss the mango and pepitas together and spread out on the baking tray. Pour melted chocolate over the chunks and smooth with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle salt over the top. Place baking tray in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens. Remove from the refrigerator and break into pieces.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice