If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rye rolls are soft, fragrant, airy, not even mentioning that they are healthy and freeze OK as well.
Adapted from www.butterybooks.com with slight changes. And I did kneading by hand. - Olgalina
- 50 milliliters water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons carob molasses
- 2.5 cups warm water
- 3 teaspoons espresso powder
- 2,5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups rye flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup AP flour
- 2 cups WW flour
- 1 egg white
- flax seed for the top
- Start with mixing first 3 ingredients and let it stand for several minutes to foam.
- Add the rest of water, coffee powder, cocoa and molasses. Add rye flour and stir until there are no lumps.
- Now add salt and 1AP and 1WW flour. Start kneading and adding some more WW flour, as much as is needed to make slightly sticky dough. Place the dough in a big bowl, cover with plastic and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down and press with your hands to create square disk. Cut it into smaller squares (I made 19 actually), transfer these buns onto lined with paper baking sheet and let them rise again, 45 minutes approximately.
- Preheat oven to 190C. Coat each with egg white wash and sprinkle with flax seeds. Bake for 20 minutes and let them cool on a wire rack.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.