Author Notes: This recipe is simplicity itself, but the combination of flavor is stunning. A soft sweet snack and you can find this in Kerala tea shops - pauljoseph
Sweet potato Sukyan
- 1/2 pound Sweet potato (cook and smash)
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 3 Cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry ginger powder
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- Salt To taste
- Oil to fry
batter for outside coating
- 6 teaspoons Maida flour (refined and finely milled wheat flour).
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoons Rice flour
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Place the coconut and molasses together over slow flame and cook till dry. Mix with smash potatoes, salt, cardamom powder, dry ginger powder. Make small size balls. Make a thick batter with enough water for the coating. Dip the ball in the batter and deep fry.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe