If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Take our version of mac and cheese. The one we grew up eating. Ok, so it’s not loaded with butter and cream. BUT, it has all the greatness of mac and cheese. AND is good for you. AND is easy to make!! So you can have your cake and eat it too. And your mac and cheese. Now, how’s that for comfort?
—May I have that recipe
- 2 cups elbow pasta or israeli cous cous
- 2 large Spanish onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces cheese (cheddar, muenster, jack, soy, etc), diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 15 oz can of chick peas, drained
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- salt and peper to taste
- Cook the pasta al dente according to directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In the mean time, sauté the sliced onions on a large skillet with olive oil at medium heat until they start to brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked pasta, cheese and chickpeas. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Toss all the ingredients together and keep over medium-low heat until the cheese starts to melt.
- Turn off heat and add chopped parsley.
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.