If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ok, I know, grilled cheese is ALWAYS awesome, no matter how you make it (uh, bread, butter and gooey melted cheese… yeah!!). But trust me on this one. Using pita bread brings crunchiness to a different level. And awesomeness. Like a gooey, crunchy bite of perfection. - May I have that recipe
Serves 1 sandwich
- 1 pita pocket
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon zatar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or non-hydrogenated vegetable spread
- Carefully, open up the pita pocket and arrange cheddar cheese, making sure it doesn’t get too close to the edges.
- Add feta cheese on top and sprinkle with zatar.
- Melt butter on a skillet at medium low heat. Place sandwich and cook until golden brown, for about a minute or two.
- Turn the sandwich over and let it cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.