Author Notes: This is an easy condiment recipe that goes well with a variety of foods. I dabble some on my morning eggs, it s awesome with tacos or just this and a bag of chips. - Keek
Makes approx 2 cups
- 8-10 Jalapenos.
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar. I use Bragg's, but you want real cider vinegar.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 Tbls Coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seed
- 5 whole peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- Start by mixing the vinegar, water, honey and spices in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. As the honey starts to dissolve (and before it gets too hot) taste the mix, you want a nice balanced pickle taste. Add more cider, honey, water or salt to achieve a good balance.
- While the brine is coming to a boil chop and seed your jalapenos. I cut off the top, slice em in half lengthwise then use a spoon to scrap out the insides. Remember if you are sensitive to jalapenos to wear gloves. And please wash your hands after words, you don't want to learn out why the hard way.
- When the brine is at a boil, add the jalapenos to the brine. return to a boil then turn off and let this steep for about an hour.
- Drain the brine off and put the jalapenos into your food processor and pulse it until its a nice "relishy" consistency. (ok, I know I made up relishy, but you knew what I meant.
- I like to add maybe a quarter to half a cup of the brine to achieve a nice consistency.
- That is it, Enjoy! This will probably keep in the fridge a good week, if it lasts that long.