Author Notes: This savory, bright pasta packs an antioxidant punch with lacinato kale.
Fast, and almost embarrassingly simple; this is a weeknight staple that everyone loves.
Chilled leftovers make a lovely lunch the next day.
*Be sure to use good quality tuna packed in olive oil. - crushlush
Food52 Review: We made this dish for dinner tonight and it was just great. Came together easily, great favors, very adaptable, quick clean up. A perfect weeknight meal. We made a few minor adjustments...increased the tuna relative to the pasta, and used spinach instead of kale because our grocery store didn't have lacinato kale. Also cut back to one clove of garlic. It was delicious. Bright, flavorful, healthy, easy, filling. A wonderful recipe. - drbabs
- 6.5 ounces Tuna packed in olive oil
- 12 ounces Fusilli pasta
- 2 Garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale (washed, stemmed, and chopped)
- Bring water to a boil, and season liberally with salt. When water comes to a boil, add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the "dressing" Drain tuna. In a large bowl, break apart and flake tuna with a fork. Add lemon zest, juice, and garlic. Toss until combined.
- When pasta is almost done (about five minutes left), add chopped kale. When pasta has cooked through, drain.
- Add hot pasta and kale to the tuna mixture, and toss to combine. Finish with a drizzle of high quality fruity olive oil, and season with sea salt and chili flakes to individual taste.