If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very economical meal to make (less than $10 to feed a family of 4). It is my adaptation of one of my mom's recipes. - flowercityfoodie
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces frozen peas
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cups milk
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large Dutch oven. Add the celery & onion and saute until soft (5-8 minutes).
- Add the chicken to the Dutch oven. Pour in the chicken broth. (The chicken should be completely submerged in the broth. If it isn’t, add more broth or water until covered.) Season with salt & pepper. Cover & simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the Dutch oven. Shred the meat and discard the bones. Return the shredded meat to the Dutch oven. Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together the milk & Bisquick. Drop dough by large spoonful into the Dutch oven. Cook (uncovered) for 10 minutes. Cover the Dutch oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.