If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A pie with a kick - The young chef
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 8 tablespoons Melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups Fresh lemon juice
- 28 ounces Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Egg yolks
- 16 Vanilla wafers
- 1 1/2 cups Chilled heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400°
- Process crumbs, sugar, and butter in a food processor until evenly combined.
- Transfer to a 9? deep-dish pie dish, and press into bottom and up sides to create a thick crust; set aside.
- Combine juice, milk, and egg yolks in a bowl; beat on medium-high speed of a hand mixer for 5 minutes.
- Pour into prepared crust; bake until crust is browned and filling is only slightly set, about 20 minutes.
- Place wafers around edge of pie, pushing them gently into filling; let cool. Freeze until set, at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Whisk cream and vanilla in a bowl until stiff peaks form; spread evenly over pie and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- From the Saveur.com website
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Prep your pans for perfection.
Stop the soap opera.