If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light refreshing drink that I had when I was younger in Sydney and have loved ever since. You can use more or less ginger depending on your tastes and it can be made fizzy by replacing normal water with sparkling. —The young chef
- 4 Organic lemons(for best flavour)
- 2 centimeters of fresh ginger
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- Mint to serve
- Squeeze the lemons into a bowl so as to collect all the juice, then grated the fresh ginger and add it to the lemon juice.
- Strain the lemon juice and the grated ginger, pressing the pulp into the strainer with the back of a spoon to extract the essence of ginger.
- Pour the lemon juice in a jug or a bottle, add the sugar and stir until dissolved, then water it down with cold water. The amount of water will depend on how intense you like it: I usually use 1/3 of lemon juice and sugar and 2/3 of water.
- Serve the ginger lemonade with ice cubes and a few sprigs of fresh mint.
More Great Recipes: Booze-Free Drinks