If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Tiramisu recipe is easy, fast, and tastes almost as good as the real thing. Frankly my arm fell off when I made the marsala custard for the real thing last time and I have not recovered from that. It also took a lot of time. This is quick, and you make it ahead. It contains no raw eggs, and sadly, no expensive, rich, marscapone cheese. But feel free you guys, put them in there. You can also add raw egg yolk to the pudding, just put it in the warm milk before the pudding is too hot. This recipe is for one packet of lady fingers from a two packet box of lady fingers, the Italian kind, not the American bakery kind. —SandyLaFleur
- 1 packet italian lady fingers
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour with a dash of sea salt, about two shakes
- 2 -4 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon sweet marsala
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon valharona cocoa powder
- 1 piece bittersweet chocolate square, grated.
- Line a 9x5 glass bread baking dish with one packet of lady fingers. Set aside.
- Pour 2 c. of milk into a glass measuring cup. Microwave two minutes until warm.
- Measure sugar and flour plus the dash of sea salt into a dish, and wisk to combine
- When milk is warm, stir in flour/sugar mix. Return to microwave for two minutes.
- Stir with a wire wisk and microwave for two minutes at a time, getting corners when you stir. Success is when pudding bubbles and coats a spoon. Your microwave may vary. 4-6 minutes more.
- Remove from microwave, wisking with wire wisk, add vanilla and sweet marsala. Set aside to cool. 20 minutes.
- Drizzle Kahlua over lady fingers in the baking dish. They should look coated. If you like you can roll the lady fingers in Kahlua, the traditional way. Line the lady fingers up vertically if they fit, like this lllllllll.
- Pour the hot custard gently over the lady fingers, some of them will spin, that is ok, they might float to the surface too.
- Let the dish sit until it is cool enough to put in the refrigerator. Refrigerate about 4 hours minimum, overnight is great.
- Time to serve. Cover the surface with a cup of whipped cream. I like less homogenized cream, look for local for this, that whips and stays. My whipped cream had 2 T. confectioners sugar and vanilla in it. My cream was about 1/2 thick across the surface at most.
- Use a tea strainer to sift the cocoa powder across the surface to make it look pretty. Grate the cube of chocolate on a grater, and sprinkle that evenly too.
- Serving suggestion: use a spatula to lift two or three lady fingers, and their pudding onto a plate. Use a knife to skooch it onto the plate preserving the pretty top. If your dish is flat, you can make squiggles of Hershy syrup around the plate for deco. Some people are easily impressed.
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.