If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Decades ago my mom made a no-bake cookie that I loved: melted butterscotch morsels, chow mein noodles, done. Combining the ingredients in a straight up cookie dough has been on my “must try” list ever since I tasted my first Momofuku Milk Bar “Compost Cookie,” the sweet meets savory brainchild of pastry chef Christina Tosi. Further inspired by memories of baking with mom (Mom ALWAYS made us mix cookie dough by hand.) and too weary from traveling to drag out the Kitchen Aid, I made these without a mixer. The result was a jam-packed cookie that screamed with flavor. - Bob Vivant
Makes 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt (I use Maldon, but any coarse salt will work)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and coconut. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Stir in noodles and butterscotch chips.
- Roll dough into balls about the size of golf balls (approx. 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough) and place two inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten the tops slightly with a glass. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned but still soft. (I prefer mine slightly under cooked.)
- Cool slightly on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Your Recipe Diploma
A menu master class for the college grad.
A master class in recipes.
Lettuce love vegetables.
Wine tasting takeaways.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.