If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy and delicious breakfast —codewordcookie
Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 pound Breakfast Style Sausage (not in casing, or remove casing)
- 1 tablespoon Pork Lard (or other fat of choice)
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 pinch Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 1 pinch White Pepper
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1-2 Sweet Potatoes (2 if smaller, 1 big one works, too)
- 2 tablespoons Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Chives
- 1/4 cup Manchego Cheese (grated)
Eggs over Easy
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Fat of Choice (for cooking)
- Add the pork lard or other fat of choice to a saucepan on medium high heat
- Start to brown your sausage
- Mix the dry spice ingredients plus your almond flour, and include your salt and pepper. Add to the sausage. Note: I cook with almond flour because I am gluten free. But, honestly, I add it because it holds the mixture together and adds a bit of a nutty taste.
- Once sausage has started to brown, add your sweet potatoes. I like to use my mandolin on the Julianne setting, but you can chop these into small cubes if you prefer.
- Add the chives and then the cheese. Keep stirring the mixture.
- While the hash cooking, fry your eggs. I like them over easy, although sunny side up works, as well. Your hash is done when the sausage is cooked through and the sweet potatoes are nice and soft.
- Serve the hash with an egg on top! Voila, fancy breakfast!
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.