If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sunny skies. A cool breeze. A glass of something cool. These perfectly sweet fruit cakes. Ah, summer in San Diego. When I found this recipe while browsing Created by Diane's blog last June, I had to have one (or three) immediately. Good thing they were a piece of cake - kiwi cake, that is - to make. Set them out at your next barbecue and watch them disappear. Just make sure you get one before they do! - misslofox
- 2 green or gold kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cups orange juice
- 1 cup coconut
- Toast coconut in pan on medium until lightly golden. Butter cupcake pan and place about a 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar in bottom. Add a slice of kiwi into each compartment.
- Blend butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg and mix. Next add flour and baking powder along with orange juice mix on medium until blended.
- Scoop 3 Tablespoons into each area and top with some toasted coconut.
- Bake at 325 degrees (for dark pan) for about 18 minutes.