If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick, easy and really great recipe for family dinners and keeps well for kids lunches the next day. - Mia H
Serves 4 people
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion [chopped]
- 2 cloves Garlic [minced]
- 3 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Fresh Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon White Sugar
- Salt [to taste]
- 2 Boneless, Skinless chicken breast halves cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1 12 oz. can of coconut milk
- 1 mango cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 a lemon [juiced]
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until lightly browned. Stir in garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, bay leaf, ginger, sugar and salt. Continue stirring for 2 minutes. Add chicken pieces, tomato paste, yogurt, mango and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Take out bay leaf, and stir in lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Simmer 5 more minutes. Serve over Jasmine rice with mango chutney and cilantro.