If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using real maple syrup and maple extract boosts the maple flavor. Coconut milk adds a good moisture to the cake, but not flavor. Cake flour adds heft to the cake giving it density. Making them miniature in size, makes them available for a treat that is easy to share and somewhat guilt free for being small. Approx 4 mini cupcakes would be equivalent to one regular size. The Maple Cake on the farmers daughter website was the inspiration for this recipe, along with a love for real maple syrup and presenting those I appreciate with a little afternoon treat on a rainy day. Some measurements and ingredients were altered for preference. —Truly Scrumptious
Makes 46 mini cupcakes
maple coconut cake batter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (grade B) best flavor
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla salt or other artisan salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- handfuls toasted chopped walnuts for topping (not in cake)
- Cream butter and sugar. Then add real maple syrup and maple extract. Carefully add eggs one at a time while mixing. In a seperate bowl combine flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder. Mix well. Little by little add the dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture. Lastly, add the coconut milk. Mix batter. Spoon into little paper cups in a mini muffin pan. Bake at 350 in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. A little more baking may be required if you are making a sheet cake with this batter. Save chopped walnuts for topping the cupcakes. Let cakes cool on a cooling rack before icing.
Maple Kissed Icing
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Cream butter and sugar for icing. Add a little maple syrup. Set aside in refrigerator to hold for icing the cakes. When the last tray of mini cakes go in the oven. Pull your icing out of refridge to have it ready when your cakes cool.
- With a small spreader, put icing on the cooled cupcakes. Put them back on cooling rack. Top them with chopped walnuts. Then place them on a clean pretty serving plate that makes them stand out. Likely, a contrast color plate with no decorations would be a good choice. That way the eye apeall of mini cupcakes does not get lost in the serving platter chosen.
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.