If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These treats are oven ready in a half hour. The blondie batter was adapted from Mark Bittman’s Butterscotch Brownie recipe in How to Cook Everything. The Crispy Cream Crunch was inspired by Momofuku Milk Bar pastry chef Christina Tosi’s Milk Crumbs. - Bob Vivant
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen, 2-inch squares
CRISPY CREAM CRUNCH:
- 3/4 cups white chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 salt
- 2/3 cups dried blueberries
- 2/3 cups salted and roasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the Crispy Cream Crunch, line a large baking sheet with waxed paper. Combine ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a fork until the rice is evenly coated. Spread the clusters onto the prepared sheet and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Line a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with heavy duty tin foil, pushing it firmly into the corners and up the sides. Let the excess foil hang over the edges of the pan. Grease the pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, beat melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour to the wet ingredients. Stir in dried blueberries, nuts, and Crispy Cream Crunch.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Using the foil overhang, lift the blondies from pan and return them to the wire rack. Let cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.