If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the combination of orange with chocolate. It is one of best combinations whether you make cookies, cakes or anything baked. These are really lovely to gift someone or or to carry in your purse (the way I like it) ..so that you can have them anytime anyplace. - PistachioDoughnut
Serves none other than yourself
- 2 to 3 Navel Orange approx yields 1/2 to 1 cup peel
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar or icing sugar for coating
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate chunks
- Peel 2-3 oranges, making an effort to get large sections of peel with straight edges (use knife or a citrus peeler). I find that navel oranges have the thickest most tender peel
- Slice peels into thin strips
- Remove the white part of the peel leaving only the zest. Blanch the peels in boiling water a couple of times and then drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine one cup of water, one cup of powdered sugar and peels. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for about an hour until liquid is reduced by half and peel are tender.
- Drain peels, allow to cool and then coat the peels in icing sugar.
- Dip sugared peels into melted chocolate and place on wax paper to harden. I melted chocolate in a double boiler.
- Once they are hard , you can pack them in cellophane gift bags.