If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My dad hates flaxseed, so I've taken to sneaking it into his food. You can never go wrong with extra fiber, omega-3s, or shiny hair! Butter/vegetable oil was replaced with coconut oil, an amazing, underappreciated ingredient that can help control cholesterol levels, high blood pressure and blood sugar; improves digestion; fights bacteria and infection; and promotes weight loss. - alyson mance
Makes 12 muffins or a 9x13 in. pan of bread
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth.
- Pour into greased muffin tins or 9x13 in. metal baking pan, and bake for at least 20 minutes or until top is golden and knife test is clean.