Author Notes: My dad hates flaxseed, so I've taken to sneaking it into his food. You can never go wrong with extra fiber, omega-3s, or shiny hair! Butter/vegetable oil was replaced with coconut oil, an amazing, underappreciated ingredient that can help control cholesterol levels, high blood pressure and blood sugar; improves digestion; fights bacteria and infection; and promotes weight loss. - alyson mance
Makes 12 muffins or a 9x13 in. pan of bread
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth.
- Pour into greased muffin tins or 9x13 in. metal baking pan, and bake for at least 20 minutes or until top is golden and knife test is clean.