Author Notes: What says spring better then maple syrup? Spring lamb! This maple syrup and dijon marinated lamb taste sweet and tangy and the fresh herb crust is a perfect match to the lamb’s rich flavor.
- Claudia Ficca
- 1 8-bone lamb rack, french-trimmed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 vine stems of cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the lamb overnight with maple syrup and dijon. When ready to cook, let the lamb come to room temperature.Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Brush the lamb with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick pan over high heat and cook the lamb for 4 minutes on each side, just until browned and remove from heat.
- Place the fresh herbs in a bowl with bread crumbs and olive oil. Toss to combine. Press the lamb into the breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray.
- Place the tomato stems of the same baking tray ans drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes for rare or 20 minutes for medium. Let the rack of lamb rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe