Author Notes: I am a huge health nut, no pun intended seeing as this granola is full of almonds! I am always on the go, being that I am a personal trainer, so I need snacks that will fill me up and give me the energy I need, without weighing me down. So, I came up with this granola. I made it with gluten-free oats, but you can use regular oats as well. The sweet flavor of the maple syrup pairs perfectly with the toasted coconut and nutty almond flavor! The cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are just the icing on the cake....err, um granola. - misschels
Makes about 11-12 cups
- 6 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cups melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, both kinds of coconut, coconut oil, and maple syrup, stir well.
- When the granola is thoroughly saturated, add the brown sugar on top and continue to stir.
- Season with salt, add cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, and spread the granola evenly onto 2 baking sheets both lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes making sure to stir the granola evenly every 10 minutes.
- Let granola cool and transfer to an airtight container. Store for up to two weeks.