If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here is a recipe for a quick and easy dinner, which I just made for us. Since the combination of sweet and spicy most of the time is present in Asian food, I went in this direction. You can also make this dish using pork tenderloin or medium- thickness pork chops. - Kukla
Serves 4 or 2 hungry ones
- • 4 (about 8-ounce) veal cutlets, flattened gently with a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness
- • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- • 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- • 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- • 3/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- • 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- • 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- • chopped fresh cilantro or Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Sprinkle the cutlets on both sides with salt, pepper, and five-spice powder.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add veal; cook 2 cutlets at the time until brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cookie sheet and place in the oven to keep them warm.
- To the same skillet add chicken broth, maple syrup and chili-garlic sauce to skillet. Boil until reduced to scant 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes. Pour sauce over cutlets; sprinkle with cilantro or parsley.
- Serve 1 veal cutlet per portion with rice or pasta to soak up the sweet and spicy sauce or 2 cutlets with a salad. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe