If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A perfect combination of flavors , a soft crumb and an easy hostess gift should the occasion arise. Makes 2 medium loves , travels well and I can't think of a better way to use up slightly overripe pears which always seem to be left till last in the fruit bowl. - foodfanatic
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Maple Syrup, grade B if possible
- 2 cups Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- zest of one orange
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and quartered ( I used Bartlett because that's what I had on hand )
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- cups creme fraiche (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line one large or two medium loaf pans with parchment paper leaving a long overhand on each side.
- Beat the eggs and syrup in a mixer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Whisk together the flour , baking powder, salt and cinnamon and add to the egg mixture. Combine the oil, milk and vanilla extract and add to the batter, mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the orange zest and pour the batter into the lined loaf pans. Push slices of pear into the batter in a row down the center. Scatter with the flaked almonds and bake until the cake is golden brown and coming away from the sides of the pan. Allow to cool completely and serve sliced with a dollop of creme fraiche.
A Memorial Day Menu minus the Fuss
Your holiday just got a whole lot easier.
Memorial Day made easy.
We need your help!
All you need for Memorial Day.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Mortar and pestle perfection.