If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Love this Recipe , the techniques that are throughout this recipe can be cross utilized!! —Chef Casey Colaneri
Makes 4 large sandwiches
- 2 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cleaned of extra fat
- 2 bunches scallion, half chopped rough and the other thin sliced
- 12 pieces garlic rough chopped
- 1/4 cup dark soy
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced
- 1 cup EVOO
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 pound cave aged gruyere and sliced
- 3 tablespoons Butter,salt free
- 1 Onion
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- TT Salt and Pepper
- Cut the skirt steak into 6 inch lengths, place them in a large bag or bowl. Next add in the garlic, scallion rough chopped, lime juice, zest, EVOO, Soy, and Red Pepper Flake and salt and pepper and mix well and refrigerate for 2-4 hours. You can marinate this over night but remember the longer in the marinated the more powerful the marinade will be come.
- Next in a large pan heat butter, when melted add in onion and pepper slices. Now add salt and pepper and let braise for 20 min. Adding water as needed to keep the veg from burning.
- Sauce: mix all together 3 T Dijon mustard 2 T whole grain mustard 1 t powdered wasabi 1 T fresh Mayo if on hand ? Hellmann’s works too!! Salt & Pepper TT
- While the onions and peppers are cooking heat up a grill, pan or Forman grill the key is high temp. The skirt steak should only take about 3-5 min a side. Once cooked let rest for 3-5 min; slice across the grain thinly. Layer the toasted bread with mustard sauce then meat, veg and then gruyere. Place in the broiler for 30 seconds just to melt the cheese. Just make it!!!
Forget Pantry Problems
Here's how to spruce up and stock one smartly
Forget your pantry problems.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
A better basket.