If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Passover Dessert Recipe —nataliesztern
the Brittle Ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1-1 1/2 cups whole salted pecans or cashews
- 4 pieces whole matzohs to line cookie sheet
- 1/4-1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or broken chocolate Passover
- Preheat oven too 350F Line a sheet pan with tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray Place whole matzohs over the tinfoil and any spaces fill with broken matzoh pieces
- Highly Addictive Happy Passover
Creating the Caramel and Chocolate
- Place butter, brown sugar and pecans in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a slight boil/simmer This will become the Caramel sauce but at this point you must begin to stir carefully until the sauce reaches a butterscotch color Carefully pour this mixture over the matzoh and spread it out with a greased spatula or back of a spoon sprayed with the non stick spray Place this into the oven for exactly 7 minutes. Take out and immediately spread the chocolate and as it begins to melt again. Spread it over the matzoh entirely Sprinkle the Almonds Let stand until room temperature Place in freezer for a minimum of 1 hour or all week To serve remove the brittle and carefully cover it because the only way it will break is when you hit it with the bottom of a pot or with a mallet/hammer
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.