If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with a three layered very colourful pie that works surprisingly well. The bottom layer includes the fish, kale and eggs. This is followed by a creamy vegetable sauce of carrot, beets, parsley and lemon juice. The pie is then topped with a layer of roughly mashed new potatoes, seasoned and mixed with parsley.
According to my husband this is the best fish pie I’ve made. It does look quite startling – the middle layer is a deep fuchsia colour thanks to the beets, but don’t be put off. It’s rich, rustic, jam-packed full of flavour —MelanieinSegur
Makes fish pie recipe
- 500 grams new potatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 250 Grams undyed haddock, boned, skinned and chopped
- 250 Grams smoked salmon, chopped
- 3 pieces free-range eggs
- 2 pieces Juice of two lemons
- 1 piece medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 piece medium carrot, grated
- 1 piece medium beetroot, grated
- 200 milliliters double cream
- 200 grams mature Cheddar, grated
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt and pepper to season
- Step One: Preheat the oven to 210C. Step Two: Add the potatoes to boiling water, and boil until soft, then drain them, mash them roughly (there’s no need to make them smooth, the rough edges provide a lovely texture). Mix in one handful of parsley, season and set aside.
- Step Three: Hard boil the eggs (you can drop them in with the potatoes – they’ll take around 8 minutes). Once done cool under cold running water, peel and then break them up. Set aside Step Four: Steam the kale and set aside.
- Step Five: In a medium pan heat a dash of olive oil and fry off the onion. Once it’s softened add the carrots and beetroot. Add the cream and bring to the boil, then remove from heat. Gently stir in the cheese, lemon juice, wholegrain mustard, and the remaining handful of parsley.
- Step Six: Construct your pie, layer by layer. Line the pie dish with the haddock, followed by the smoked salmon, then the kale and the broken up eggs. Next pour over the fuchsia sauce. Then add a layer of roughly mashed potatoes. Cook in the over for 25-30minutes. You know it’s done when the tops of the potatoes are golden and crispy.
Life's a beach
Life's a beach.
Food blog links we love.
It's time to travel.
The truth about salt swaps.
Put cake on a pedestal.