If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chickpea Flour pancakes are such an easy fix for any weeknight meal alongwith some other stuff or easiest breakfast or brunch idea. They are super easy to make and the veggies give them a little more texture and flavors. You can make these without veggies also. Serve them as appetizers in small sizes or make a big batch of it and enjoy it as meal. - PistachioDoughnut
Food52 Review: These savory chickpea flour crepes came together with nary a trip to the market since I had all the ingredients on hand. They complimented the Indian inspired meal I had made already. Using just a whisper of olive oil to pan fry they turned to a beautiful golden color. I studded them with chopped green chilies, cooked black eyed peas, and roasted cauliflower. They can definitely be enjoyed as a meal unto themselves in a pinch or alongside of another dish such as a curry or an aloo gobi (potato and cauliflower) dish like I did. They brought back wonderful memories for me of a recent trip to India. - testkitchenette
Makes 4 to 5
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour
- 2 tablespoons Rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Green chillies , finely chopped you can add more if you take up heat..
- pinches Baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro leaves, leave it if you don't like it
- Green onions, tomatoes , onions, green bell peppers finely chopped etc for toppings
- Oil - for pan frying
- Mix both flours and add the ginger, green chillies, turmeric, salt.Gradually, add yogurt mixing it well into the flour mixture. And, then add water as much as desired to form a batter for pancake.
- Finally, add the chopped cilantro. I prefer to leave the batter for about 10 minutes or so.
- Just before you are ready to make the crepes, add the baking soda. And, mix it well.
- Once you are ready, take a griddle on medium heat , drizzle a little bit of oil and then take a spoonful of batter and form a crepe and immediately add the veggie toppings of your choice. I usually add tomatoes, onions, green bell pepper, spring onions.
- Let it cook on one side. You can see bubbles. Flip it as you see it has cooked the other side , drizzle some oil and cook well on both the sides.
- Remove from the griddle once cooked. Serve hot with green mint chutney, raita, ketchup etc.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.