If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this every New Year's morning along with gravlax and latkes. A perfect way to start the New Year. —culturalconstruct
Makes 24 small cakes
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg white
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in milk. Stir in 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour. Cover mixing bowl and allow to rise about 2 hours.
- In separate bowl beat 3 egg yolks and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Stir 1/2 cup flour and 1 teaspoon salt into egg mixture; stir well into sponge. Allow batter to rise another 2 hours or until doubled.
- Beat to stiff peaks 3 egg whites and fold them into batter; rest 15 minutes.
- Cook individual cakes (a few tablespoons each) on hot greased griddle as you would pancakes. Cakes will raise quite high. Top with sour cream, caviar, gravlax, and chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Quick! Make these summery recipes while there's still time
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
This week's #happylist.
Storage made crystal clear.