If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pancakes are great way to start off your weekend or a weekday. They're quick and easy to make and light and fluffy.
If you'd like to see pictures; http://thelocalmarket.wordpress.com/
Makes 9 2oz panckaes
Apple Cinnamon Syrup
- 1 1 apple, chopped (I used a Pink Lady)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- First, macerate the apples with the sugar (combine sugar and apples in a bowl, this will bring out the juice of the apples) add cinnamon and mix in the golden raisins. Stir until well incorporated. Set aside. While the apples are doing their thing, start measuring out the ingredients for the pancakes.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (teaspoon should be mounding)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 2 ounces melted sweet butter
- 2 large eggs
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine all the wet ingredients in another bowl. Add wet to dry.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the wet and dry together. The batter should still be quite lump; this is the key to making fluffy light pancakes.
- Let the batter rest for 2 to 3 minutes. At this point, pour the maple syrup into a small saute pan. Over medium low heat, add the apples (and the juice they’ve released). Bring the syrup up to a boil, then turn off. The apples should still have a little crunch to them.
- Next heat up a large saute pan or griddle using medium heat. Let the pan get hot and coat it with a little vegetable oil or, I prefer to use a non-stick cooking spray. With a 2 oz ladle, scoop the batter onto the hot pan. Scoop in as many as you can fit in the pan without crowding. When you see bubbles starting to pop, flip’em! They should be golden brown and are done when you they form a slight dome in the middle.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Ice cream has some competition
Whey cool desserts.
Recipe of the Day
It's time to travel.
Enter our latest contest!
Put cake on a pedestal.