If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I never knew what blintzes were until I had seen them on this site. The one with lemon, I had to try it once. I loved how similar they were to crepes and pancakes. Honestly, I did not see any difference in them from crepes. My husband loved guava a lot, and I make stuffed french toast with this cream cheese filling which is a hit. So , I thought of using the same filling of guava and cream cheese alongwith fresh strawberries and rhubarb. - PistachioDoughnut
- 1.5 cups A P flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 tablespoons Melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend it well , so that there are no lumps in the batter. Let the batter rest for about half an hour. Meanwhile make the filling shown below.
- Once it has rested, take a non-stick skillet, brush it off with some butter. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter and swirl the skillet in circular motion to spread the batter.
- Cook them for about 30 seconds and flip it carefully removing the edges first, and cook another 30 seconds or so on the other side. Make sure you flip it at the right time.
- Remove on a plate. Finish making all the other crepes.
Guava Cream Cheese filling
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup Cream cheese at room temperature, you can use ricotta also if you do not like cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons Guava marmalade or paste, available in cuban markets
- 1 cup Strawberries, diced
- 1 cup Guava shells are also available in cuban markets or rhubarb, diced
- With the help of a beater, beat the butter, cream cheese , cottage cheese, sugar and add the guava marmalade also. beat until everything is well incorporated.
- Add, the diced strawberries and guava shells and if you are using rhubarb, add that in the cream cheese mixture. Mix it well with the help of a spoon or spatula.
- Assemble the blintzes- Take one crepe, and add the filling to it and roll it like a burrito or wrap.
- Finally, assemble all the blintzes and heat a non-stick pan brush it with butter and pan-fry the rolled up blintzes for few seconds until they are crisp and golden in color.
- Serve them in a plate, dust them with some powdered sugar and thin out the guava marmalade and drizzle that on top of it.
- You can find guava shells in syrup or guava marmalade from any cuban markets. The one which is very closest to my place is in Moonachie, NJ. It is La fe brand. Another well known brand is conchita.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory