If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Buckwheat blends with whole wheat and all purpose flours to produce a pancake that has the characteristic blue hue of buckwheat, but the lightness of a regular pancake. A touch of yogurt in the mix gives them a pleasant moist quality. I like to dot the top of each cooking pancake with blueberries, but they are also very good with a mashed banana mixed into the batter. Stack the pancakes with just a touch of butter between the layers and stream Mixed Berry Syrup over the top. - My Pantry Shelf
Makes 16 4-inch pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I use non-fat)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen- no need to defrost)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk to blend. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs lightly. Add milk, yogurt, and vanilla to eggs and blend. Pour wet mixture into flour mixture. Stir gently until just barely mixed. Pour in melted butter. Stir gently until just mixed. It may still be lumpy, but that is OK. Do not over mix or you will end up with tough pancakes.
- Heat a griddle on medium until a water droplet skids across the surface. Pour a dime-sized drop of vegetable oil onto the pan. Use a paper towel to spread the oil evenly over the griddle. Ladle batter onto griddle. Add berries to each pancake individually (optional, but recommended). Flip pancakes once bottom is nicely browned. Cook until center of pancake is fully cooked. Serve with butter, jam, or syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.