If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup rum
Coconut And Ginger Batter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 3/4 inch piece of fresh cut ginger
- 3 cardamom pods
- oil for cooking
- In a medium saucepan, stir together granulated sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to medium low, simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir rum into hot syrup and set aside.
- Combine whole wheat and rice flours in a medium sized bowl. Crush the cardamom pods, gather the seeds and discard the skin. Crush the seeds into a powder. Place brown sugar, salt, coconut, ginger, and cardamom in the carafe of a blender. Add just enough water - about 1/2 cup - to make blending possible and blend into a fairly smooth puree. Pour the puree into the flours and mix well with a wire whisk until smooth; add additional water as needed to make a moderately thick but pourable batter. Allow to rest covered for about 15 minutes to let the flours hydrate well.
- Heat a skillet or griddle on low to medium heat. Grease and add a ladle full of batter, while spreading the batter in a circle. Cook dosa until each side is golden brown. Serve with warm rum syrup. Just a light drizzle to compliment them.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory