If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I fell in love with crepes while living in Paris years ago. They are like comfort food to me, savory or sweet, they are hands down the most scrumptious vessel for all the goodness you can think of to stuff them with! I love fruit, nutella, or cheese, ham and eggs, either way, I throw brunches at our home, just to satisfy our guests request for some crepes! They are also great for kids, almost like pizza being able to make your own!
This is also a great recipe for use with Almond Milk or other alternates for people like my sister who doesn't agree well with milk. - themisinthekitchen
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or any you prefer)
- 3 eggs - beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter - melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinches salt
- 1/2 tablespoon almond extract (for sweet)
- 4 cups milk (I also use almond milk quite often)
- pieces butter for greasing the pan
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. (you can also add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and a little extra sugar if you would like to make choclate crepes)
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter and any extract you may like, you can also scrape out the inside of a vanilla bean or leave them plain.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and slowly add the milk while vigorously whisking the mixture untill a thin batter is formed and batter becomes slightly frothy.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to sit on the counter for a hour before using, can also be stored in the fridge overnight, allow to come to room temperature before using.
- Heat a 10 inch skillet or crepe pan. Butter the pan and pour a small ladle of batter into the pan while tilting and circling the pan to distrbute the batter evenly. When the edges start to peel up, and little bubbles appear about 1-2 minutes, its time to flip with a spatula and let cook for about 45 more seconds.
- Toss onto a plate, add your favorite toppings and some powdered sugar and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory