If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Graham Crackers are made with graham flour, which can be difficult to obtain, I created a recipe to share with you which gives you a similar texture and flavor that surpasses any you’ve ever tasted! I photographed them here with my Homemade S'mores Dip made with a DIY Marshmallow Creme recipe of mine. - Zoe Rogers
Makes baker’s dozen—13 (5-inches-by-2 ½-inches) graham crackers
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ whole wheat flour
- ½ cups firmly-packed dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, dark brown sugar, and cinnamon into a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter, molasses, and honey in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat just until combined, about 1 minute.
- In two additions, add the dry ingredients, and beat on medium speed, until the mixture is well-blended and smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly-floured work surface, using your hands, divide the dough evenly in half, and form each half into a flat disk. Wrap each dough disk separately and tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour, until chilled.
- Unwrap one of the chilled dough disks, and transfer to a lightly-floured work surface. Preheat the oven to 350? degrees F. and place a rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough disk out into a 1/8-inch-thickness. Using a ruler and a pastry cutter or a sharp knife, cut the dough into 5-inches-by-2 ½–inches rectangles; using a spatula, transfer the rectangles to the prepared baking sheets as you do so, placing them 1-inch apart. Repeat the process with any leftover dough scraps. Then, repeat the process with the second dough disk.
- Using a paring knife, gently score each rectangle to create a line down the middle, but do not cut all the way through the dough. Using a toothpick or substitute a fork, pierce each graham cracker with 4 rows of holes 8 holes long down the length of each rectangle, which is necessary for proper baking of the graham crackers and you will notice makes them resemble store-bought graham crackers as well. Bake the graham crackers, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking time, until the edges are golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. The graham crackers crisp once they are cool.
- Store the graham crackers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. These DIY Graham Crackers are superb eaten on their own, used for S’mores (I photographed them here with my Homemade S'mores Dip made with a DIY Marshmallow Creme recipe I created) or for any other treat or dessert!
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls