If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are like nothing else I have ever experienced. They are tangy from non-fat yogurt, cheesy and gooey from low-fat cottage cheese, but completely sweet from the topping of maple syrup. High in protein and low in fat, these are the easiest and healthiest "pancakes" I have ever had.
Although the recipe below only feeds 2 or 3, this recipe can easily be doubled (2 eggs, and 1 cup of the remaining ingredients) for a family of 4. —Local Ambrosia
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Non-Fat Yogurt (I perfer Greek for its creamy-ness)
- 1/2 cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Add egg, yogurt and cottage cheese to a bowl and mix with a whisk or a fork.
- Add flour and incorporate with whisk or fork. Depending on the thickness of yogurt you use you may need add 1 or 2 teaspoons of milk. You want the consistency to be a little bit thinner than a traditional pancake batter.
- Serve with butter, syrup or your favorite pancake topping!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
More Great Recipes: Breakfast & Brunch