Author Notes: These are like nothing else I have ever experienced. They are tangy from non-fat yogurt, cheesy and gooey from low-fat cottage cheese, but completely sweet from the topping of maple syrup. High in protein and low in fat, these are the easiest and healthiest "pancakes" I have ever had.
Although the recipe below only feeds 2 or 3, this recipe can easily be doubled (2 eggs, and 1 cup of the remaining ingredients) for a family of 4. - Local Ambrosia
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Non-Fat Yogurt (I perfer Greek for its creamy-ness)
- 1/2 cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Add egg, yogurt and cottage cheese to a bowl and mix with a whisk or a fork.
- Add flour and incorporate with whisk or fork. Depending on the thickness of yogurt you use you may need add 1 or 2 teaspoons of milk. You want the consistency to be a little bit thinner than a traditional pancake batter.
- Serve with butter, syrup or your favorite pancake topping!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory