Author Notes: These cheesy gooey delights are both sweet and tangy and a perfect every day breakfast with only 4 ingredients. Growing up my mom called them blintz, and it wasn’t until my freshmen year at the cafeteria in college that I realized these are not your traditional blintz. High in protein and low in fat these are the easiest and healthiest “pancakes” I have every made. - Local Ambrosia
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Plain Non-Fat Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Add egg, yogurt and cottage cheese to a bowl and mix with a whisk or a fork. I prefer to use greek yogurt for its richness and creaminess.
- Add flour and incorporate with whisk or fork. Depending on the type of yogurt you use you may need add 1 or 2 teaspoons of milk. You want the consistency to be a little bit thinner than a traditional pancake batter.
- Cook blintzes over medium heat just as you would a traditional pancake.
- Serve with butter, syrup or your favorite pancake topping!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory