If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Puffy and golden, slightly crispy from the skillet, and fork-tender with an addition of wild NJ blueberries that were frozen in the peak of summer. Inspired by the contents of my freezer and momgrind’s recipe.
*make sure to use sustainable ingredients and your local farmers market whenever possible to taste the difference of good food while support ing your regional economy - goodfoodvibes
Food52 Review: You can go all over Manhattan -- anywhere -- for brunch and never find pancakes half as good as these! Maybe the very best I have ever made. It's the subtle, nutty flavor of the browned butter that sets it apart. We had real trouble not overeating on these. A Slam Dunk! - ChefJune
Makes 15-18 silver dollar sized griddlecakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 large cage-free egg
- 2 cups whole organic milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus more for the griddle)
- a few handfuls of wild, local blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Heat a small light colored fry pan over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot add 2 tablespoons butter and cook until milk solids turn light brown and the butter has a nutty aroma. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Mix the dry ingredients well with a fork and set aside. Beat egg and add milk, vanilla, butter and mix until combined. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients mixture. Slowly pour the liquid ingredients mixture into the well, gently mixing as you pour, using a fork. Do not over-mix... batter should be thick and lumpy.
- Keep prepared pancakes on a wire rack over a cookie sheet in a low oven while you’re making the preceding batches. This helps them stay fluffy and warm. Serve with warm maple syrup or your favorite topping.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.