If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pancakes are both gluten and dairy free which makes them a really healthy alternative and suitable for those with allergies. They are sweetened with a little bit of honey and have a hint of coconut from the oil which makes them irresistible and slightly addictive. Add any type of berries/fruits/nuts when frying for some colour and crunch. - Cecilia Halling
Food52 Review: These remind me of something out of the first Moosewood cookbook: crunchy, but good! Full of heady almond and coconut flavors, these are pancakes with personality. I opted for honey over agave for a lovely floral note. Don’t expect a fluffy stack though, these have more of a hearty texture, which is nicely balanced by the fresh berries. Make sure your pan is pre-heated well before you start churning out hotcakes -- or be prepared to sacrifice the first one -- and eat them pronto while they are at their crispy prime. - Midge
- 150 milliliters Almond meal
- 2 Eggs (organic, free range)
- 60 milliliters Sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons Virgin coconut oil
- 0.5 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 0.25 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
- 0.25 teaspoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Acacia Honey or Agave
- 1 bunch Blueberries
- Heat half of the coconut oil gently in a bain-marie (water bath) until liquidised and leave to cool for a couple of minutes. Add to a bowl along with the other wet ingredients.
- Mix all the try ingredients in a bowl until well combined, making sure that there aren’t any lumps of bicarbonate soda. Pour the wet into the dry and fold together.
- Add some of the remaining coconut oil to a pan and dollop in the batter (or use a small blini pan) and fry for a couple of minutes on each side until golden. Stick a few blueberries into the pancakes before turning turn over.
- Serve with more blueberries and some honey or agave.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.