If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lentils pancake is a very healthy snack. You can make them in breakfast and even during evening tea time.Like all the other pancakes it do not involves adding refined flour, eggs and sugar and thus it is very healthy. Lentils are very rich in proteins and flavors. One muct eat it to believe me! - Shweta Agrawal
Food52 Review: First -- I LOVED these! I had some trepidation about the recipe as Shweta’s instructions are kinda loose, but dove in as follows: red lentils as I could not find yellow; dried chipotle peppers; I used one long hot frying pepper for the green chil and put it into the food processor along with the lentils. (It was plenty spicy!) I added about one cup of water to get a very thick paste. Then cooked in a non-stick pan using olive oil as instructed. Ate one plain standing over the stove and it was fabulous. Then sat down with a plate with rhubarb chutney…yum! Made some about 6”, others about 3”. The bigger ones are easier to thin down and worked better. Will make these again! Maybe even try to find yellow lentils. Or not. Great recipe! - deanna1001
- 2 cups Spilt Yellow Lentils
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped coriender
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons Semolina
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 5 cups warm water
- Thoroughly wash the Lentils under running water. Put it into a large bowl and add the dry red chillies, cumin seeds. Mix well and add warm water to cover the Moong fully. Leave overnight to soak.
- Next day, drain the water away; grind the Lentils mixture in a food processor with semolina to get a fine paste. Add water only if required to get the pour-able consistency. Mix in it coriander and salt to taste.
- Heat the pan on medium heat. When hot, add a few drops of oil and mix such that it coats all sides of the pan. Now pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan and spread the batter into a circular shape from the centre to outwards. Cook for 1 minute
- Drizzle with a little oil to Pancake to allow oil to go under it. Flip now and cook till the other side is golden too. Remove from pan and serve hot with chutneys of your choice or ketchup
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.