If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband frequently requests Chicken Parmesan for dinner. This is a slightly healthier baked version of the original. - MadisonMayberry
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups Panko
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese or grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups purchased marinara sauce
- 4 servings angel hair pasta, prepared according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking pan with the 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside. In a shallow bowl, combine the panko, Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Mix to combine.Place the beaten eggs in a second bowl.
- Slice the chicken breasts each in half widthwise to form four thin chicken breasts. Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture to coat, followed by the panko mixture. Transfer coated chicken breasts to the prepared baking pan. Bake chicken in the oven for 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crispy. Top the chicken with the shredded cheese. Switch oven to broil and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Toss the prepared pasta with some of the marinara sauce in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat on the stove top. Divide the pasta among four plates or bowls and top each portion with one of the chicken breasts. Finish with additional marinara sauce, if desired, and grated Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!