If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has been in our family for five generations. My great Grandmother loved them because they were not heavy "Flannel Cakes", but very light and fluffy. My father added the last tweak- 1/2 cup of beer. The adults fought for the rest of the bottle of beer. It usually ends up being consumed by the chef. - Auntie M & M
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup beer
- butter or vegetable oil for brushing griddle
- Beat eggs. Add buttermilk, cottage cheese, sour cream and Bisquick and whisk. Do not over mix. Let stand ten minutes. Add beer.
- Preheat griddle or heavy skillet, until very hot enough to make drops of water scatter over surface. Brush with oil or butter. Working in batches, using a 1/4 cup measure filled halfway for each pancake, pour batter onto griddle, and cook pancakes until there are air bubbles and then flip. Cook until golden about 2 minutes per batch.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Brown Butter Nutella Skillet Cookie
You deserve a mid-week pick-me-up.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Travel like Anthony Bourdain
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.