If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baghrirs are Moroccan puffy crêpes usually served for breakfast, warm and drizzled with honey. They are only cooked on one side and, because they are made with yeast, they become spongy and very light. They are known as "1000 holes crêpes" because of their consistency and the way they come out while cooking. —Maria Teresa Jorge
- 8 ounces semolina flour
- 1.6 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup Orange Blossom Honey
- 1/2 cup butter
- Toast pistachios. When cooled, rub in a kitchen towel to remove peel. Chop and set aside.
- Melt butter and honey together. Set aside
- In a small bowl put the sugar and yeast and add a little water. Dissolve the yeast and cover for 15 minutes until foamy.
- Add yeast mixture and water to blender and process about 3 minutes until you get a creamy consistency, crêpes-like batter. It might need more or less water, depending on the flours and air humidity.
- Pour batter in a container and allow to rest, covered, for 2 hours at room temperature or in the fridge overnight.
- Prepare a tray with a clean kitchen towel (to put Baghrirs after cooked)
- Stir the Baghrirs' mixture.
- Over medium heat, pour a small ladle of batter on a warm frying pan (no need to oil) As the baghrirs cook, bubbles start to form one by one until you have 1000 holes! BAGHRIRS ARE ONLY COOKED ON ONE SIDE.
- Continue cooking the rest of the baghrirs. Baghrirs cook best in a warm, not hot pan because batter needs to develop. If pan gets too hot allow to cool before proceding with the next one.
- Put the cooked baghrirs on the tea towel and cover to keep them warm. While hot don't stack the baghrirs because they will stick to each other.
- Serve the baghrirs warm, drizzled with warm honey/butter and sprinkled with pistachios.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.