If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The stuffed ginger oat pancakes are great for any meal of the day- breakfast, lunch, snack or even dinner. I love making these pancakes for dinner during busy weeks because this provides me and my family with a complete meal containing fiber, omega 3, protein at only 180 calories per 4 pancakes.
I used Onions and Mushrooms for the stuffing, because that's what I had in my refrigerator. Sky is the limit to the variations you can come up with on this recipe, so use your imagination and experiment away with the stuffing like sausages, tomatoes, spinach...I recommend serving the pancakes hot with Mint-Cilantro chutney. - Divya Kaur
Ginger Oat Pancake
- 1 egg white (or substitute with 2 tsp flax seed)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup ground roasted steel cut oats
- 1/4" Grated Ginger Root
- 1/2 cup Skim Milk
- 1/2 Small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Button Mushroom (finely chopped)
- Salt, Pepper, Paprika to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Canola Oil for cooking the pancake
- In a bowl, mix the oat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Squeeze the juice from the grated ginger with your hands over the flour mixture and discard the fibrous part of the ginger.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl and whisk until all ingredients are completely mixed. Let the mixture sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Scoop the batter onto the griddle. Brown on both sides and serve hot with mint-cilantro chutney (recipe to follow)
Cilantro Mint Chutney (yields 1.5-2 cups of chutney)
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 1 bunch Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1.5 cups Yogurt
- Salt, Pepper and Paprika to taste
- 2 Garlic Cloves (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients in the blender and voila, you have your chutney.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.