If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was born from desperation really, my 4 yr old monster was growling for breakfast. It was the day before our weekly shop and we had an "Old Mother Hubbard" situation going on.... store cupboard and last of the fruit bowl.
My monster was really pleased with it and munched his way through 4 :D —\m/Nomster-Monster\m/
Makes 8 tbsp pancakes.
- 2 ounces Self Raising Flour
- 1 Egg
- 50-60 milliliters Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 Ripe Pear
- 1 tablespoon Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tablespoon Honey/Maple Syrup
- 1 pinch Salt
- 100-150 milliliters Blueberry or Cranberry Juice
- 2-3 tablespoons Caster Sugar
- Whisk the egg in a bowl add the flour and the milk and beat till smooth. Then add the honey/maple syrup and salt.
- Peel and chop the pear you need to do this with a little haste as it will brown, but as soon as you add it to the batter ya safe. Mix them and the coconut into the batter.
- Heat a pan I use a small frying pan, add the blueberry juice and the sugar and bring it to a boil. leave for it to reduce and it will thicken. When it has reduced by half remove from the heat and leave to cool. It will thicken more.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the oil, butter or frying spray. Then dollop the batter into the pan.
- You will see the pancake set on the bottom and the wetness shine will turn matte around the edges, this is the time to flip them. As you have the fruit in them, they won't be flat on the side you flip them to, however all you need is to leave them for a couple of minutes and when they go matte they are cooked.
- Serve your pancakes with the sauce, it will drippity-drip all down the sides hence " Massacre Sauce "!!!! :D
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.