If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: First let me just say that I couldn't think of a good name for these. I thought about CooCoo For Coconuts but that's dopey. And coconut puffballs isn't? Help! Think of a good name for them! Anyhow I love all things coconut, and have become somewhat obsessed with using coconut flour (the smell when you open the bag will drive you wild) and coconut oil, coconut milk, you get the idea. I even snuck in a wee smidge of coconut extract for a coconutty boost. They even sort of look like little coconuts! And Henry likes them ... - aargersi
Serves about 20 little coconuts
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk (the light is a little thinner than the full fat and in this case that is what you want)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil - melted - plus more for cooking
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- banana slices about 1/4 inch thick then cut those in quarters
- dark chocolate bar - cut into small chunks
- 1 egg - separated
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. In a larger bowl - whisk the wet ingredients together except the egg white. Then mix wet and dry together.
- Beat the egg white until soft peaks form, then fold it into the batter.
- Heat your ebelskiver pan to medium. Put a small dot of coconut oil in each pocket (you might want to make 1 or 2 individual test ones before you go all out) then a tablespoon of batter. Add a piece of banana and a chunk of chocolate to the center of each on, then top with another tablespoon of batter.
- The easiest way I have found to flip them is with pointy wood chopsticks. You can scoot them a bit to peek under, when they are browned you can push down on one side and guide it over on the other side. I BET there is a youtube video showing this ...
- The chocolate and banana are going to be HOT in there so let them cool slightly before you eat them.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Lettuce love vegetables.
This is poppin'.