If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pancakes are easy to make and delicious. They are very versatile and can be served as a savory side dish with butter or gravy or as a sweet side dish with syrup. - Frank Ross
Makes 8 pancakes
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. Wash the potatoes and pat dry. Shred them onto a sturdy dish towel. Once you have the potatoes shredded, roll up the towel and wring out excess water from the potatoes.
- 2. Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl along with the onions, peppers and celery. Add the eggs and mix everything together. Add the seasonings and sprinkle the flour over the mix. Use a spatula to thoroughly mix everything together.
- 3. Use your hands to create thin patties. Set them aside.
- 4. Pour about a Tbsp of the canola oil into a skillet. Once the oil is hot carefully place the patties into the skillet. Fry for approximately three minutes on the first side. Flip and fry for an additional three minutes. Flip once more (for each side) to crisp the pancakes.
- 5. Drain on a paper towel.
- 6. Serve with hot syrup (sweet) or butter or gravy (savory)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.