If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a stop at a roadside food cart in Maui for a taste of Aunt Sandy’s famous banana bread, this recipe embraces the tropical flavors of the island. - Wonderland Kitchen
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 350F. Grease a 9?x5? loaf pan and line bottom and sides with a piece of parchment, leaving enough overhanging that you’ll be able to lift the bread out when baking is complete.
- Measure flour, baking soda, salt, spices, nuts, and coconut into a medium bowl and run a whisk around it to evenly combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream oil and sugar, then mix in the eggs one at a time, and then bananas and vanilla extract, scrape the bowl down in between additions. Next, stir in dry ingredients with a spoon just until combined and spread evenly into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until golden and cake tester comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.