If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have made this dish countless times, it's just so easy and always delicious. Here I've made it more as a crostini for a dinner party and used thinly sliced baguette, but sourdough works well if you want larger pieces to be more like bruschetta. It's been my family Christmas breakfast for three years running now, as it's decadent and can be made ahead of time. - alizanordin
Makes 20 - 24
- 20 ounces cooked prawns
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 baguette
- 1 lime (juice)
- Slice your bread thinly, and lay out the pieces on a baking tray.
- Turn on your oven griller, and grill/broil your bread on one side for about a minute until just golden. Flip them over and repeat the process.
- While still hot, brush them with the olive oil, and rub the peeled garlic clove onto the hot bread. At this point your kitchen will smell like garlic bread!
- To make the mixture, peel and devein your prawns, chop them into small pieces, and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Deseed your tomato, and chop it up into small pieces. Add that to the bowl, along with the roughly chopped coriander and finely chopped onion.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, paprika, lime juice, salt and pepper, until it's all evenly coated. Check the seasoning, it should be slightly salty and tart, with a kick of heat.
- Spoon over the mixture onto the crostini, and serve immediately. Enjoy with champagne!
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.