If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect light lunch or dinner that explodes with spring flavour! - thegoudalife
Lemon Scallion Patties
- 2 cans white beans
- 2 large cloves garlic
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 whole eggs
- pinch, red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pesto & Salsa
- small bundle asparagus, chopped into 1" pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced small
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- squeeze lime juice
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mash the beans using a potato mashed or a fork (smooshing them against the side of the bowl works best for me). Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well until combined. For the patties: Form the bean mixture into patties about the size of a hamburger bun. Heat a non-stick or well-seasoned cast iron pan over medium heat. Drizzle a little vegetable oil in the pan and wait until its hot and rippled. Fry the patties, 2 or 4 at a time for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until nice and deep golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined pan.
- For the Pesto: Fill a small pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute until bright green. Remove and plunge into a bowl of ice water for a few minutes to stop the cooking process. Add the asparagus, olive oil, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- For the Salsa Mix the tomatoes, jalapeno, scallions, olive oil, lime juice and salt together and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before eating.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.