If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 1/2 cup fresh verbena leaves, plus a few more for the glasses
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon balm leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup brewed black tea (not too strong), cooled
- Trim the ends of the lemongrass stalks, peel off a couple of the tough outer layers, and chop the core. Use a good sharp heavy knife to slice cleanly through the core—it's usually still kind of tough.
- Put the chopped lemongrass, lemon verbena, lemon balm, and lemon zest in a heatproof bowl—preferably one you can pour from easily. Pour 2 cups boiling water over the herbs and zest.
- Let the herbs steep for about 20 minutes (the fragrance will be heavenly). Pour the liquid through a strainer into a pitcher or spouted measuring cup, then stir in the sugar—about a tablespoon, or more if you like.
- Pour the liquid into 2 ice-filled glasses. Top each with about 1/2 cup black tea and put a sprig of lemon verbena in each—its fragrance will add to the pleasure of your sipping.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Kale Pesto Orecchiette & The Gin Hound.
Not-so traditional pesto
Smoky and Spicy Paloma
Go play outside!
Poems for your fridge.
Gelato's perfect match.